Poetry & Short Story Contest
Only previously unpublished works will be considered. All work must be original, not having been entered in any previous Poetry & Short Story Contest sponsored by the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival. Poems and short stories must be 4,000 words or less. Each author may enter one story; each poet may enter two poems. All genres will be accepted.
- Poetry entry fee is $10 for up to two (2) poems.
- Short Story entry fee is $10 for one (1) short story.
- Submit an entry in both categories for a $20 entry fee.
Please send one (1) copy of each entry.
- All entries must be typed on 8 1/2” x 11” paper.
- Short Stories - Stories are to be double spaced and typed on one side of the paper only. Do not staple or connect pages. Include page number and title of story in the top right corner of each page..
- Poems - Do not put your name on the poem(s). Include page number and title of poem in the top right corner of each page.
- Poems and stories must be family friendly. The Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival has full discretion on all material.
- No short story or poem will be returned. Winning entries may be published on our website. Notifications will be sent by May 12.
- Westmoreland Award $200
- First Place $125
- Second Place $100
- Third Place $75
- Honorable Mention
Please submit one (1) copy of all entries. All entries must by typed. Incomplete or hand-written entries will not be accepted.
The undersigned does hereby consent to all the rules and guidelines of the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival (WAHF) Poetry & Short Story Contest. The undersigned considers this entry form a commitment to participate.
If you have made changes to the form after you entered your credit card, please clear out the credit card information and fill it in again before submitting.