Vehicle Information - Please list vehicles for your assigned space: Vehicle, camper/RV, trailer. Parking is Extremely Limited. Be specific. Place N/A is not applicable.
Vendor Check-in will be on Tuesday, June 27, from 9:00AM to 6:00PM and Wednesday, June 28, at a scheduled time between 9:00AM to 6:00PM. Your scheduled time depends on your booth location in the park. WAHF does not guarantee any time slot to any vendor. NO Vendor is permitted to set-up on Thursday, June 29Scheduled time depends on your booth location in the park. WAHF does not guarantee any time slot to any vendor. NO Vendor is permitted to set-up on Thursday, June 30.
All Items that you will be selling MUST be pre-packaged off-site. No open air food permitted, except for samples of your product.
Submit a minimum of five (5) photos: three (3) of your product, one (1) of your product being made in your kitchen, and one (1) of work displayed in booth. The display booth photo is considered for content and appearance and is part of your total score. The work shown in the photos must be an accurate representation of the work sold in the Artisan Food Vendor at the time of the Festival. Submit one (1) file (JEPG or GIF) for each image. Images from prior year’s Festivals are not retained.
Artisan Food Vendor Application
Conditions of the Show:
- The Artisan, hereby referred to as (vendor), who creates the product and is a principal of the business, must be present.
- All work must be original and completely packaged. No commercial mass produced food is permitted, i.e: Lays Chips, Vlassic Pickles, Heinz Condiments, etc.
- Vendors may not display items that are not listed on the application without prior approval. Vendors may only show work that is typified by the photos and that is handmade by the vendor listed on the application. The vendor will be asked to remove any item not listed on the application, not depicted in the photos, not handmade by the vendor, or the vendor may be removed from the Festival with no refund given.
- An application is a commitment to show. No full refunds will be given after the acceptance notice is sent. Partial refunds will be given as follows: March 17 or before - 40% refund. March 18 or after - no refund.
- All fees must be paid in advance. No vendor will be permitted to set up until all fees are paid in full with the application.
- Requests for specific placement are reviewed at the discretion of the Artisan Food Vendor Committee.
- All Committee decisions regarding space assignment are final. Once assigned a space, vendors are not permitted to set up elsewhere.
- The vendor’s booth must be open and staffed during all regular Festival hours. Anyone arriving late, leaving before closing, or breaking down during Festival hours may be refused entrance to future Festivals.
- Spaces not occupied by 6 p.m. on June 28 may be filled with another vendor or programming with no refund or allowance whatsoever.
- All Artisan Food vendors will be issued a vehicle parking pass which must be displayed in vehicle.
- Vendors may not bring pets to the Festival.
- The vendor agrees to carry insurance covering the loss or damage of any piece of product, equipment and other supplies that relate to the display.
- Vendors found in violation of any of the “Conditions of the Show” may be excluded and have their booth removed from the Festival by the Artisan Food Committee
- This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto and there are no other understandings, oral or written,
relating to the subject matter hereof. This agreement may not be changed, modified or amended, in whole or in part, except in writing and signed by all parties.
Notices / Notifications:
- Decisions will be emailed after March 17. Please do not call the office regarding your acceptance status before this date.
- Booth, late fee (if applicable), and electricity fees will be returned to applicants who are not accepted.
- Set up begins Tuesday, June 27. Check-in times: June 27, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. anytime throughout the day; June 28, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. as scheduled.
- For ease of set-up there will be scheduled set-up times for Wednesday, June 28. Your scheduled time will depend on your location in the park and size of vehicle. If you are unable to arrive at your scheduled time, you may be required to wait to enter the park.
- Unload everything from your vehicle and remove your vehicle from the park before you start setting up. This will be strictly enforced.
- Absolutely NO set-up will be allowed on Thursday, June 29.
- Vendors may drive their vehicle into the park each morning to stock their booths. All vehicles must be out of the park by 10 a.m.
- Vehicles may re-enter the park after 8:00 p.m., once the park police have deemed it safe.
- No full refunds will be given after the acceptance notice is sent out. See “Conditions of the Show” for details of partial refund.
- Booth sitters are available to watch your booth for a short period of time; call 724-834-7474 during the Festival or stop any board or
committee member with a badge for assistance.
- All vendors using electric are required to have a fire extinguisher at their booth.
- No vendor is given exclusivity.
- Space request will be honored whenever possible; however, space assignment is at the discretion of the Festival.
- Vendors must collect their own 6% PA Sales Tax if applicable. The contact number for PA Tax is 1-888-PATAXES.
- A $35 fee is charged each time a check is returned by yourbank.
- A $100 penalty fee will be charged if all fees are not paid in full by February 28.
- Unloading of all equipmentandmovingequipment to individualboothsshall be totally theresponsibility of the Artist Market Vendor. Park personnel, Festival staff, andvolunteerswill not be permitted to assist due to thepotentialforpersonalinjury.
- All spaces are outdoors. Do not assume the ground will be level; be prepared to deal with uneven surfaces. Bring adequate materials to ensure the stability of your booth.
- Vendors are NOT permitted to tear-down until after 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 2. Vehicles will not be permitted into the park until the park police have deemed it safe. You have until Tuesday, July 4, at 5 p.m. to vacate the park.
- ANY VENDOR FOUND PARKING IN THE PAID FESTIVAL PARKING LOT WILL HAVE THEIR BOOTH SHUT DOWN.
Parking at the Festival is extremely limited. Your parking space may be within walking distance to your booth space. The Festival works very hard to organize parking in order to accommodate all vendors. All potential parking locations are distributed with consideration of booth location. One (1) parking permit is issued to all Artist Market vendors in a designated lot and space upon check-in including campers/RVs, trailers, and tow vehicles. Permits are issued for primary vehicle only--additional permit(s) required for any towed vehicles/ trailers. Your parking permit must be displayed on the vehicle at all times for identification. Vendors incorrectly or illegally parked WILL be required to move their vehicles and may be ticketed. Additional parking passes for the RTC Lot can be purchased at the Festival Office. Vendors are asked to abide by all parking rules to avoid disruption during the Festival. A Vendor shuttle bus will be available.
- All product being sold must be pre-packaged off-site in a certified facility by the PA State Department of Agriculture. No open air food is permitted, except for samples of your product.
- The Artisan Food Vendor is responsible for carrying insurance covering the loss or damage of any food, equipment, other paraphernalia, and purchased food products that relates to the demonstration to be set up by the Artisan Food Vendor at the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival. The Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival accepts no liability for Artisan Food Vendor’s property or products.
- The Artisan Food Vendor is required to provide proof of insurance for its operations at the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival. The insurance must include the following provisions:
- This certificate must be on file at the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival Office 30 days prior to the Festival.
- Minimum limit of Commercial General Liability $500,000 per occurrence, $1 million aggregate.
- Minimum limit of Products/Completed Operations $500,000 per occurrence; $1 million aggregate.
- The Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival and Westmoreland County to be named as an additional insured and certificate holders.
- Thirty day notice of insurance cancellation to certificate holder being the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival, 252 Twin Lakes Road, Latrobe, PA 15650.
- The Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival agrees to provide a space for the Artisan Food Vendor for the period of June 29, 30, July 1, and 2, as long as Artisan Food Vendor agrees to follow the rules, regulations, and specifications as set forth by the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival. You may utilize your own shelter if approved by the Festival Artisan Food Committee. Pictures must be included along with the size and description of your shelter when you submit your application. The Artisan Food Committee reserves the right to place all Artisan Food Vendors on site. No tables will be provided. Tables must be furnished by the individual Artisan Food Vendor.
- The Artisan Food Vendor agrees that the Artisan Food Committee of the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival reserves the right to remove any food not of the type and quality submitted for screening and that said removal will also include a forfeiture of the space and the fee paid for said space, if the violation is not immediately corrected. Only the approved menu items listed on application may be sold.
- A menu and price schedule must be submitted to the Festival Artisan Food Committee for review. These items should be listed on the application form. Prices will be closely monitored. Prices submitted on the application must be maintained unless advance permission to adjust the prices is obtained from the Festival Artisan Food Committee prior to May 31. Food prices must be prominently
displayed on your booth for customers to view. Prices must be readable from a distance of 10 feet.
- No Artisan Food Vendor will be permitted to sell soft drinks, water, iced tea, lemonade, or any other type of beverage. The Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival retains exclusive rights to all beverage sales and operates all drink booths.
- No Artisan Food Vendor is granted any type of exclusive rights to serve one type of food. The Artisan Food Committee reserves the right to accept more than one artisan food vendor for a particular food.
- All Artisan Food Vendors and/or workers are required to use utensils or wear gloves when handling food samples at the Festival. Hair must be off the collar by use of nets, hats, or restraints.
- All Artisan Food Vendors must be open and ready to serve food at 11 a.m. and remain operating until the close of the Festival each day. It
is the Artisan Food Vendors’ responsibility to have enough food on-hand or get more should the Artisan Food Vendor run out.
- All food booths will be inspected and must be licensed by the PA State Department of Agriculture. If a booth fails inspection, the booth will be closed down. Questions should be directed to Robert Delancey, Food Sanitarian, at 724-832-1073. All Artisan Food Vendors, must, by PA Law, have a “ServSafe Certified” employee and certificate must be displayed within the booth.
- Improper behavior or language within the booth area is unacceptable. The Artisan Food Vendor is responsible for the conduct and safety of all persons within the booth. Underage children must be supervised at all times and must not be near the food per the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Guidelines.
- Artisan Food Vendors and/or workers are not permitted to solicit tips from buyers. No tip containers are permitted.
- Parking at the Festival is extremely limited. The Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival staff works very hard to organize parking in order to accommodate all vendors. All parking locations are distributed with consideration of booth location. One (1) parking permit is issued to each Artisan Food Vendor in a designated lot and space upon check-in. Your Parking Permit must be displayed on the vehicle at all times for identification. Artisan Food Vendors incorrectly or illegally parked will be asked to move their vehicle, may be ticketed and towed. Additional parking is available in the Rails to Trails Lot, passes may be purchased at check-in. If the Artisan Food Vendor has additional campers/RVs, trailers, tow vehicles, etc., contact Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival office for additional information.
- A personal meeting may be scheduled by the Artisan Food Vendor, especially a new Food Vendor in the month of May to review location, set up, and electrical needs. Please call 724-834-7474 to schedule an appointment.
- Set-up times for Artisan Food Vendors are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 28, and Wednesday, June 29. Set-up will not be allowed on Thursday, June 30. Artisan Food Vendors using trucks or trailers are required to set-up Monday, June 27. Please call the Festival Office for an appointment time. Only Artisan Food Vendors using a truck or trailer during the Festival are permitted to set-up on Monday. Artisan Food Vendors are required to go to the designated check-in area before set-up.
- In the event you cancel your participation, no refund will be given.
- Beginning on the first day of the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival and continuing through the four days of the Festival, vehicles will be permitted to drive into the Festival site to unload supplies and materials each morning. All vehicles must be removed from the Festival site by 10:00 a.m. each day.
- Unloading of all equipment and moving equipment to individual food booths shall be totally the responsibility of the Food Vendors. Park personnel, Festival staff, and volunteers will not be permitted to assist due to the potential for personal injury.
- Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival staff and volunteers are not permitted to accept gifts. Please don’t offer.
- No alcohol is to be consumed by Artisan Food Vendors and/or workers during the Festival.
- Artisan Food Vendors are reminded to provide the necessary money for change for these four days. The Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival will not provide change so please come prepared.
- Advertising within the park via signs, barking, or by any means other than professionally-looking signs placed within and on the booth, is not permitted.
- Ice is available and may be purchased ONLY at the Nature Center. No Artisan Food Vendor is permitted to sell ice.
- The Artisan Food Vendor agrees that any failure to follow the rules, regulations, and specifications as established by the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival may cause the Artisan Food Vendor to lose or forfeit the space at the Festival without the return of the fee paid for said space.
- Artisan Food Vendors who do not obey these rules will not be invited back.
- No vehicles, trailers, refrigeration units, grills, RV's/motorhomes, etc. may be placed behind your designated spot nor relocated to a other location without the permission of the Food and Beverage Committee.
- The Artisan Food Vendor agrees to forever release, discharge and hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival, Westmoreland County, its sponsors, agents, representatives, and employees from all actions, suits, damages, in law or in equity, and/or claims whatsoever arising from any loss or damage to any property or person of the undersigned or to any other person or property which may arise from the Artisan Food Vendor’s participation in the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival.
- The Artisan Food Committee and the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival reserves the right to shut down any vendor who is not complying with the rules and regulations as stated above. The vendor may reopen if and when the infractions has been corrected. If the vendor is asked to leave due to noncompliance no refund will be given and the vendor will not be permitted back.
Number of 110/20amp lines, ALL VENDORS USING ELECTRICITY ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER AT BOOTH. (electric is limited, there is no sharing of electric, locations limited)
General Release and Acceptance of Rules -This contract is for the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival to which the vendor applies or is accepted. I, the applicant, have read this licensing application contract and agree to abide by said conditions. I, the applicant, hereby declare and affirm that any and all work I exhibit has been personally hand-produced by me. In addition, I, the applicant, do expressly release the Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival of and from any and all liability for any damage, injury, or loss to any person, business, or property which may arise from the licensing and occupation of the exhibit space by the applicant, and agree to hold and save the Festival harmless of any damage, injury or loss by reason thereof. I understand that if this application/ contract is not accepted, fees (booth fee and electric fee if submitted) will be returned. If this applicafion/contract is accepted, I give permission to use my name, business name, photos, item prices, and any photographs, videotape, or images taken of me or any items for any and all purposes. I authorize my credit card to be charged for the amount listed below.
If you have made changes to the form after you entered your credit card, please clear out the credit card information and fill it in again before submitting.